The Bomb-itty of Errors
THE BOMB-ITTY IS BACK!!
The Bomb-itty of Errors, by Jordan Allen-Dutton, Jason Catalano, GQ and Erik Weiner is presented by the Queensland Shakespeare Ensemble by arrangement with Origin Theatrical, on behalf of Samuel French, Inc, for TWO WEEKS ONLY!
The Bomb-itty of Errors is a rockin' hip-hoppin', high-energy, hilarious "ad-rap-tation" of Shakespeare's The Comedy of Errors. The classic tale of mistaken identities and complex relationships is the heart and soul of this fresh-funky-modernized-re-mix... Re-telling the story in a way like Brizzy's never heard. Four actors, playing multilple characters, multiple genders, all while rapping and rhyming along the way... Let the hilarity ensue!
QSE's Core Ensemble member Zac Kelty travelled to Dallas, Texas in July 2012 to join the cast of Second Thought Theatre's production of The Bomb-itty of Errors. After a successful run in Dallas, Zac brought Heath Gage's banging new beats back to Brisbane and directed QSE's workshop production of The Bomb-itty in September 2012. And now in 2014, in association with University of Queenland's O-Week... The Bomb-itty is back!
We're not sure why this show has us hooked. Could it be the hypnotic beats? Or maybe the tangy, tasty rhyme treats? Perhaps, it's the way that this crazy story flows. We think our actors like to rap in women's clothes!
You gotta check this out, it's a remarkable feat... Book your tickets now, and get your butt in a seat!
Content warning: Strong language and adult themes - viewer discretion is advised.
- Season: 24 Feb - 1 Mar (Mon-Sat); and 5 - 8 Mar (Wed-Sat)
- Duration: 90 minutes (no interval)
- Venue: Geoffrey Rush Drama Studio, University of Queensland, Saint Lucia
- Times: Evening shows at 7:30pm
- Full: $30
- Concession: $20 *
- Group Discount (10+): $20
* Concessions are for full-time students, pensioners, health care card holders, MEAA card holders, 4ZZZ subscriber card holders, and Queensland Shakespeare Ensemble members
Cast and Crew
- Director: Zac Kelty
- Original Music: Heath Gage
- Production Manager: Kylii Hobson
- Stage Manager: Laura McKenna
- Costume Designer: Ruby Drewery
- Lighting Designer: Brooke Whitfield
- Set Designer: Paul Adams
- Set Construction: Sam Jeboult
- Marketing Director: Kym Brown
- Luke Cadden - Dromio of Syracuse; Desi
- Zac Kelty - Dromio of Ephesus; Luciana; The Cop
- Silvan Rus - Antipholus of Ephesus; Adriana; Bobby
- Colin Smith - Antipholus of Syracuse; MC Hendelberg; The Abbess
- Johancée Theron - The DJ
- Dr P. - Himself
Del Artè Charts 2014
- Nomination: Favourite Play
- Nomination: Favourite Leading Male Performance - Zac Kelty as Dromio of Euphesus / Luciana / Cop
- Nomination: Favourite Leading Male Performance - Silvan Rus as Antipholous of Ephesus / Adriana / Bobby
- Nomination: Favourite Music Component - Heath Gage (composer)
How To Get There
Bus: Brisbane City Council buses stop at several locations on the university campus. The Studio is closest to the UQ Lakes bus station, which is serviced by BCC bus routes 29, 109, 139, 169, 192, and 209. Visit the TransLink website for more information.
Ferry: The Brisbane City Council's UQSL Citycat service stops at the University of Queensland ferry terminal on Sir William Macgregor Drive, approximately 400 metres' walk from the Studio. Visit the TransLink website for more information.
Car: The studio is best accessed by car via Sir Fred Schonell Drive - drive east to Campbell Road, then turn left onto Blair Drive, then right onto Union Road. Limited parking is available on the south end of Union Road near university buildings 21B and 22; more spaces are available on the lower floor of the UQ Centre, as well as at open-air spaces adjacent to the UQ Sport Aquatic Centre. Parking is metered until 9pm on weeknights, and is free on weekends. For more information on parking at UQ, visit the Parking at UQ website.