Henry IV Part 1
Shakespeare's epic tale of rebellion, bitter rivalry, and redemption asks us the question "What is honour?" Henry IV Part 1 is as much a drunken comedy and coming-of-age drama as it is a history. Performed in the stunning Roma Street Parkland and featuring QSE's much loved Core Ensemble actors and musicians this production is sure to delight and excite Shakespeare lovers and newcomers alike!
- Preview: Thu 22 Aug 2019
- Opening Night Gala: Fri 23 Aug 2019 (Mingle with the cast and crew and enjoy food and refreshments after the show)
- Season: 24 - 25 Aug, 28 Aug - 1 Sep, 4 - 8 Sep 2019
- Q&A: Wed Aug 28 2019 (20 min Question and Answer session after the show)
- Relaxed Performance: Sat 31 Aug 2019, 2:00pm Matinée (Designed to welcome those who will benefit from a more relaxed performance environment; click here for more information)
- Venue: The Amphitheatre, Roma Street Parkland
||7:30pm Gala Night
|Week 2||Aug 28
2pm Relaxed Performance Matinée
|Week 3||Sep 4
- Adult: $35
- Concession/Preview: $28 *
- Group Discount (10+): $28
- School Groups: $24 (please contact email@example.com to arrange for school group bookings)
* Concessions are for full-time students, pensioners, health care card holders, MEAA card holders, 4ZZZ subscriber card holders, and Queensland Shakespeare Ensemble 2019 (Financial) members. Concession patrons should bring their concession ID/card when collecting tickets.
Please note that online bookings close two hours before the show's start time, but tickets may still be purchased in-person at the box office (subject to availability).
Cast and Crew
- Director: Rebecca Murphy
- Assistant Director: Liliana Macarone
- Production Manager: Kylii Davies
- Stage Manager: Siobhan Martin
- Dramaturg: Tahlia Downs
- Costume Designer: Gabby Carbon
- Lighting Designer: Steven Tibbits
- Musical Director: Silvan Rus
- Fight Choreographer: Rob Pensalfini
- Front Of House Manager: Tahlya Grennan
- Garry Condeseres - Ensemble
- Matthew Filkins - Earl of Worcester; Gadshill
- Leah Fitzgerald-Quinn - Ensemble
- Matt Gaffney - Northumberland; Glendower; Richard Vernon
- Ellen Hardisty - Earl of Westmorland; Lady Percy
- Liliana Macarone - King Henry
- Frances Marrington - Walter Blunt; Peto; Lady Mortimer
- Rebecca Murphy - Poins
- Rob Pensalfini - Falstaff
- Dudley Powell - Douglas; Hostess; Chamberlain
- Silvan Rus - Prince Hal
- John Siggers - Bardolph; Mortimer
- Angus Thorburn - Hotspur
Venue Details for Roma Street Parkland
The Amphitheatre, Roma Street Parkland
The audience is seated onstage in the performance area, which is under cover. In the event of very heavy rain and/or high winds, the performance/seating area may become unsafe and the show may be cancelled - in this case, exchanges/refunds can be arranged at Front of House.
How To Get There
Train: The Roma Street train station is located directly beside Roma Street Parkland. All suburban trains stop here providing easy access to the Parkland by using Platform 10 exit.
Bus: Brisbane City Council buses stop at several locations near Roma Street Parkland. Visit the TransLink website for more information.
Car: There are two main road entrances:
Roma Street entrance - driving towards the City on Roma Street, past the Transit Centre and Holiday Inn, and turn left.
Wickham Terrace - Gregory Terrace - College Road intersection - driving out of the City along Wickham Terrace, take a left hand turn before the intersection lights straight into the Parkland and drive down Parkland Boulevard.
There are 200 car parks within the Roma Street Parkland grounds and a further 2,000 in close proximity. A 4-hour limit applies to bays on Parkland Boulevard from 6am-8pm.
Disability Parking: Disability parking bays are located near The Lookout, at College Close carpark, on Parkland Boulevard near Melange Café and on the lower level opposite Queensland Railway Platform 10. There are a small number of Disability Parking bays located near the Amphitheatre. No fees apply for Disability Parking at any time.