'Nothing that is so is so.'
QSE celebrates its second-year of performing in Roma Street Parkland in 2008 with its latest production, Twelfth Night.
Twelfth Night introduces audiences to Viola, a young noblewoman who is shipwrecked on the shores of exotic Illyria. Fearing for her safety in this strange land, she disguises herself as a man, and immediately finds herself in a confused love triangle between Duke Orsino and Countess Olivia. Sanity falls by the wayside amid the eclectic cast of characters and cases of mistaken identity in this topsy-turvy world, where desire and loss hide behind a mask of excess.
Under the stewardship of nationally and internationally renowned Artistic Director Rob Pensalfini, QSE builds on its reputation for staging vibrant productions that bring Shakespeare's words to life in an engaging, accessible manner.
Unveil your passions with QSE and experience the mirth and mischief of Twelfth Night.
- Gala Night: Fri 3 Oct 7.30pm (Mingle with the cast and crew and enjoy food and refreshments after the show)
- Season: Oct 2-5, 16-19, and 23-26 (see below for times)
- Duration: 2 hours 20 min (including 20 min interval)
- Venue: The Amphitheatre, Roma Street Parkland, Brisbane
|Week 1||Oct 2
|Week 2||Oct 16
|Week 3||Oct 23
- Full: $25
- Concession: $15 *
- Group Discount (10+): $15
* Concessions are for full-time students, pensioners, health care card holders, MEAA card holders, and 4ZZZ subscriber card holders
Phone bookings are available via OzTix at 1300 762 545.
Cast and Crew
- Director: Rob Pensalfini
- Production Manager: Amanda Bell
- Stage Manager: Brad Turnbull
- Assistant Director: Elizabeth Verbraak
- Assistant Stage Managers: Kristy Mannell, Jade Ollerenshaw, Rex Verdin
- Production Design Team: Kimberley Warren (Team Leader and Set Design), Anne-Marie Loy (Costume Design), Tamara Porter (Costume Design), Caroline Walker (Team Mentor)
- Lighting Designer: Jason Glenwright
- Music: Gavin Edwards, Philippe Klaus, Angel Kosch, Stephen Mackie, Rob Pensalfini
- Publicity: Sam Chen, Elizabeth Verbraak, Claire Hielscher
- Photographer: Morgan Roberts
- Graphic Designer: Roy Govier
- Fight Choreography: Eamon Hickey, Rob Pensalfini
- Creative Development: Jo Loth, Anne Pensalfini
- Andrea Carne - Maria
- Sam Chen - Curio; First Officer; Priest
- Ruby Drewery - Viola/Cesario
- Gavin Edwards - Malvolio
- Kathleen Iron - Fabian
- Philippe Klaus - Sebastian
- Angel Kosch - Feste
- Candice Leask - Sea Captain; Second Officer
- Stephen Mackie - Sir Andrew Aguecheek
- Rebecca Murphy - Olivia
- Rob Pensalfini - Sir Toby Belch
- Belinda Small - Valentine; Antonia
- Colin Smith - Orsino
Matilda Awards 2008
- Nomination: Best Director - Rob Pensalfini
- Nomination: Best Male Actor in a Supporting Role - Gavin Edwards as Malvolio
Del Artè Charts 2008
- Nomination: Favourite Male Supporting Performances - Gavin Edwards as Malvolio
Venue Details for Roma Street Parkland
The Amphitheatre, Roma Street Parkland
The audience is seated onstage in the performance area, which is under cover. In the event of very heavy rain and/or high winds, the performance/seating area may become unsafe and the show may be cancelled - in this case, exchanges/refunds can be arranged at Front of House.
How To Get There
Train: The Roma Street train station is located directly beside Roma Street Parkland. All suburban trains stop here providing easy access to the Parkland by using Platform 10 exit.
Bus: Brisbane City Council buses stop at several locations near Roma Street Parkland. Visit the TransLink website for more information.
Car: There are two main road entrances:
Roma Street entrance - driving towards the City on Roma Street, past the Transit Centre and Holiday Inn, and turn left.
Wickham Terrace - Gregory Terrace - College Road intersection - driving out of the City along Wickham Terrace, take a left hand turn before the intersection lights straight into the Parkland and drive down Parkland Boulevard.
There are 200 car parks within the Roma Street Parkland grounds and a further 2,000 in close proximity. A 4-hour limit applies to bays on Parkland Boulevard from 6am-8pm.
Disability Parking: Disability parking bays are located near The Lookout, at College Close carpark, on Parkland Boulevard near Melange Café and on the lower level opposite Queensland Railway Platform 10. There are a small number of Disability Parking bays located near the Amphitheatre. No fees apply for Disability Parking at any time.