The Two Gentlemen of Verona (2012)
"Love will not be spurred to what it loathes."
Saddle up for a rough and ready tale of two young bucks who set off from the industrial city of Verona for the frontier town of Milan, where the women are fast and talk is loose. When both men fall for the charming but headstrong daughter of The Duke, the sheriff of Milan, they put their friendship, their honour and their lives at stake to win her hand. This is a story of friendship, love, betrayal, lust and restitution delivered with QSE's trademark clarity and sense of fun, live music, live gun-slingin' action, and a live dog.
- Preview: Wed 15 Aug 7.30pm (Discounted tickets!)
- Gala Night: Fri 17 Aug 7.30pm (Mingle with the cast and crew and enjoy food and refreshments after the show)
- Q&A: Thursdays after the show (20-minute Question and Answer session with the cast and creative team)
- Season: 15 - 19 Aug; 23 - 26 Aug; and 30 Aug - 2 Sep (See below for times)
- Duration: 2 hours 20 min (including 20 min interval)
- Venue: The Amphitheatre, Roma Street Parkland
|Week 1||Aug 15
|Week 2||Aug 23
|Week 3||Aug 30
Refreshments: Freshly brewed coffee, cold drinks and cookies will be available for purchase from the Coffee Zip mobile coffee cart prior to each performance and during interval.
- Preview: $20
- Full: $30
- Concession: $20 *
- Group Discount (10+): $20
* Concessions are for full-time students, pensioners, health care card holders, MEAA card holders, and 4ZZZ subscriber card holders
Phone bookings are available at (07) 3365 3269 or 0477 074 671 - leave a message and our friendly front-of-house staff will call you back as soon as possible. Please note that phone bookings will incur a $3 booking fee.
Cast and Crew
- Director: Rob Pensalfini
- Production Manager: Kylii Hobson
- Rehearsal Stage Manager: Alex Hahn
- Production Stage Manager: Zac Kelty
- Deputy Stage Manager: Laura McKenna
- Costume Designers: Ruby Drewery and Angel Kosch
- Lighting Designer: Steve Tibbets
- Marketing Director: Kathryn Cunningham
- Music Director: Rob Pensalfini
- Assistant Director/Dramaturg: Sam Jeboult
- Michael Croome - Panthino; The Duke
- Ruby Drewery - Silvia
- Nick James - Valentine
- Sam Jeboult - Antonio; Eglamour; 1st Outlaw
- Rebecca Murphy - Julia
- Claire Pearson - Speed
- Rob Pensalfini - Launce
- Colin Smith - Proteus
- Johanceé Theron - Lucetta; Host; 3rd Outlaw
- Chris Vaag - Thurio; 2nd Outlaw
- Gumnut - Crab the Dog
The Amphitheatre, Roma Street Parkland
The audience is seated onstage in the performance area, which is under cover. In the event of very heavy rain and/or high winds, the performance/seating area may become unsafe and the show may be cancelled - in this case, exchanges/refunds can be arranged at Front of House.
How To Get There
Train: The Roma Street train station is located directly beside Roma Street Parkland. All suburban trains stop here providing easy access to the Parkland by using Platform 10 exit.
Bus: Brisbane City Council buses stop at several locations near Roma Street Parkland. Visit the TransLink website for more information.
Car: There are two main road entrances:
Roma Street entrance - driving towards the City on Roma Street, past the Transit Centre and Holiday Inn, and turn left.
Wickham Terrace - Gregory Terrace - College Road intersection - driving out of the City along Wickham Terrace, take a left hand turn before the intersection lights straight into the Parkland and drive down Parkland Boulevard.
There are 200 car parks within the Roma Street Parkland grounds and a further 2,000 in close proximity. A 4-hour limit applies to bays on Parkland Boulevard from 6am-8pm.
Disability Parking: Disability parking bays are located near The Lookout, at College Close carpark, on Parkland Boulevard near Melange Café and on the lower level opposite Queensland Railway Platform 10. There are a small number of Disability Parking bays located near the Amphitheatre. No fees apply for Disability Parking at any time.