The Winter's Tale
'...for ne'er was dream so like a waking.'
In a searing tale of suspicion and betrayal, a family is torn apart when a beloved King turns jealous monster. His actions set in motion a series of events that forever change the lives of everyone he loves. But in this story, sadness gives way to hope as our tragedy transforms. Fate twists and turns with the change of the seasons and time shows its power. Featuring music performed live by the cast in trademark QSE style, and set in the heart of beautiful Roma Street Parkland, The Winter's Tale dances with life itself, and reminds us that no one is too old for fairy tales.
- Preview: Wed 23 Aug 2017, 7:30pm ($25 tickets, all seats)
- Opening Night Gala: Thu 24 Aug 2017, 7:30pm (Mingle with the cast and crew and enjoy food and refreshments after the show)
- Season: 25 - 27 Aug, 30 Aug - 3 Sep, 6 - 9 Sep 2017
- Relaxed Performance: Sat 26 Aug 2017, 2:00pm Matinée (Designed to welcome those who will benefit from a more relaxed performance environment; click here for more information)
- Matinées: Sat 26 Aug, Sat 2 Sep, Sun 3 Sep, Sat 9 Sep 2017, 2:00pm
- Twilight: Sun 27 Aug 2017, 6.00pm
- Q&A: Thu Aug 31, Thu Sep 7 2017 (20 min Question and Answer session after the show)
- Venue: The Amphitheatre, Roma Street Parkland
- Duration: 2 hours 40 min (including 20 min interval)
|Week 1||Aug 23 2017
|Aug 24 2017
|Aug 25 2017
|Aug 26 2017
2pm Relaxed Performance
|Aug 27 2017
|Week 2||Aug 30 2017
|Aug 31 2017
|Sep 1 2017
|Sep 2 2017
|Sep 3 2017
|Week 3||Sep 6 2017
|Sep 7 2017
|Sep 8 2017
|Sep 9 2017
- Full: $30
- Concession: $25 *
- Group Discount (10+): $24
* Concessions are for full-time students, pensioners, health care card holders, MEAA card holders, 4ZZZ subscriber card holders, and Queensland Shakespeare Ensemble 2017 members
Please note that online bookings close one hour before the show's start time, but may still be purchased at the box office (subject to availability).
Cast and Crew
- Director: Michelle Miall
- Assistant Director: Rebecca Murphy
- Production Manager: Kylii Davies
- Stage Manager: Josie Dodson
- Design Team: Jessica Haack and Kaylee Gannaway
- Meg Bowden - Mamillius, Perdita
- Ellen Hardisty - Old Shepherd, Emilia, 1st Lady
- Liliana Macarone - Camillo, Officer, Guard
- Toby Martin - Lord
- Rebecca Murphy - Paulina, Mopsa
- Anthea Patrick - Young Shepherd, 2nd Lady
- Rob Pensalfini - Leontes, 2nd Servant
- Paige Poulier - Hermione, Time, Dorcas
- Dudley Powell - Florizel, 1st Servant
- Silvan Rus - Polixenes, Mariner, Gentleman
- Chris Vaag - Antigonus, Archidamus, Autolycus
Matilda Awards 2017
- Win: Bille Brown Award for Best Emerging Artist - Meg Bowden
- Nomination: Best Costume Design - Jessica Haack and Kaylee Gannaway
Venue Details for Roma Street Parkland
The Amphitheatre, Roma Street Parkland
The audience is seated onstage in the performance area, which is under cover. In the event of very heavy rain and/or high winds, the performance/seating area may become unsafe and the show may be cancelled - in this case, exchanges/refunds can be arranged at Front of House.
How To Get There
Train: The Roma Street train station is located directly beside Roma Street Parkland. All suburban trains stop here providing easy access to the Parkland by using Platform 10 exit.
Bus: Brisbane City Council buses stop at several locations near Roma Street Parkland. Visit the TransLink website for more information.
Car: There are two main road entrances:
Roma Street entrance - driving towards the City on Roma Street, past the Transit Centre and Holiday Inn, and turn left.
Wickham Terrace - Gregory Terrace - College Road intersection - driving out of the City along Wickham Terrace, take a left hand turn before the intersection lights straight into the Parkland and drive down Parkland Boulevard.
There are 200 car parks within the Roma Street Parkland grounds and a further 2,000 in close proximity. A 4-hour limit applies to bays on Parkland Boulevard from 6am-8pm.
Disability Parking: Disability parking bays are located near The Lookout, at College Close carpark, on Parkland Boulevard near Melange Café and on the lower level opposite Queensland Railway Platform 10. There are a small number of Disability Parking bays located near the Amphitheatre. No fees apply for Disability Parking at any time.